Welcome - Future of our Profession!
APTA is a community of more than 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and students who care about the future of physical therapy, just like you. It’s easy to see how you can get off to a good start with APTA and the Maryland Chapter on your side. APTA of Maryland membership is the best investment you can make in your education and your career
Student Connections and Leaders - Learn about our Student Special Interest Group (SSIG)
- How to Chose your Practice Setting and Area of Specialization
- Specialty Certification and Advance Proficiency Pathways
- Licensure and Regulations in Maryland & DC
- The National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE) and Testing Dates for 2019 & 2020
- Career Resources: Negotiation Salary and Benefits
- How to Let Employers Find You
- Career Center Networks for DC and Maryland
- APTA Member Benefits
- Career Starter Dues Program in Maryland
Student members of APTA of Maryland who maintain their membership after graduation get a 50% discount on full-member dues the first year postgraduation, plus a free registration to NEXT upon renewal.
- Student Conclave October 26, 2019 - Discover your Path, your Passion, your Career
- Student Day on the Hill is Febryary 19th - Get your Advocacy On.
Meet with legislators, learn how to advocate and protect your profession, and increase your knowledge of state legislative issues that have an impact on the practice and payment of physical therapy.
- APTA of Maryland Spring Chapter Meeting and Mini CSM March 28, 2020 (FREE for Members)
- Stay Connected with Us on Facebook & Twitter
- Mark your Calendars
APTA of Maryland's Career Center is Your Job Search Resource Center with everything you need to make your resume stand out, ace the interview, advance your career, and navigate the digital world through social media and digital communication.
- The Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners is the Maryland Physical Therapy Licensing Board
- Career Center - Find a Job!
- Virtual Career Fair for PTs and PTAs
APTA's free online career fairs, hosted in April and September, connect you with employers ready to hire.
- Career Development
Learn about advanced proficiency, residencies, specialty certification,a nd leadership development
- Considerations for Practice Opportunities and Professional Development