Welcome - Future of our Profession!
APTA is a community of more than 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and students who care about the future of physical therapy, just like you. It’s easy to see how you can get off to a good start with APTA and the Maryland Chapter on your side. APTA of Maryland membership is the best investment you can make in your education and your career. The Chapter has a Student Special Interest Group (SSIG) that is a group designed to benefit Maryland DPT and PTA students by providing a state-level resource for students to network and develop relationships that will last a lifetime.
There will be an SSIG Meeting at the APTA Maryland Mini CSM and Chapter Meeting - March 28 - Columbia, MD at 8:00 am.
To apply for a leadership position, click here. The SSIG includes positions for officers as well as a liaison from each PT and PTA school in Maryland. This is a free event for members and students. This meeting is OPEN to all student members.
Courses - Pick 1 >>>Learn More About the Course Options
1. Care for Rare: Opportunity for Evolution of Clinical Practice and Clinical Research
2. Fundamentals of Advanced Work Rehab
3. Using Social Media to Optimize Physical Therapy Practice
4. Payment and Practice Update with APTA Experts
RSVP to the Chapter with your course selection to register
- APTA Member Benefits
- Career Starter Dues Program in Maryland
Student members of APTA of Maryland who maintain their membership after graduation get a 50% discount on full-member dues the first year postgraduation, plus a free registration to NEXT upon renewal.
- Student Conclave October 26, 2019 - Discover your Path, your Passion, your Career
- Student Day on the Hill is Febryary 19th - Get your Advocacy On.
Meet with legislators, learn how to advocate and protect your profession, and increase your knowledge of state legislative issues that have an impact on the practice and payment of physical therapy.
- APTA of Maryland Spring Chapter Meeting and Mini CSM March 28, 2020 (FREE for Members)
- Stay Connected with Us on Facebook & Twitter
- Mark your Calendars
APTA of Maryland's Career Center is Your Job Search Resource Center with everything you need to make your resume stand out, ace the interview, advance your career, and navigate the digital world through social media and digital communication.
- The Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners is the Maryland Physical Therapy Licensing Board
- Career Center - Find a Job!
- Virtual Career Fair for PTs and PTAs
APTA's free online career fairs, hosted in April and September, connect you with employers ready to hire.
- Career Development
Learn about advanced proficiency, residencies, specialty certification,a nd leadership development
- Considerations for Practice Opportunities and Professional Development