Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee
Foster the long-term sustainability of the physical therapy profession by making APTA Maryland an inclusive organization that reflects the diversity of the society the profession serves.
The DEI Committee meets the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:30 pm. The next meeting is October 14th.
- Committee Chair: Michael Ukoha PT, DPT
- Secretary: Erika Opoku PT, DPT
- Social Media/PR: Ketaki Jatar PT
- Mentorship: Clarisse Labor, PT
- Liaisons to Chapter Committees
- Education: Cara Felter PT, DPT, MPH
- Gov’t Relations: Mara Hassanshahi PT
- Political Action Committee: Michael Ukoha PT, DPT
Our Centennial Scholar for APTA Maryland is LaDonna Dingle
LaDonna’s capstone project is establishing a mentor program to reach out to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) in Maryland to recruit and encourage students to apply to Physical Therapy programs.
Creating Pipelines for DEI
APTA Maryland will strive to include a diverse group of members through all chapter groups inclusive of gender, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, disabilities, religion, ethnicity, and age.