APTA and APTA Maryland want to Help you Get Engaged
We are building a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society. Your efforts impact the lives of patients, students, and colleagues on a daily basis. Your engagement in the conversation and the work of this association is how we move this profession forward. Build your community by volunteering. You are APTA.
Every October we celebrate National Physical Therapy Month to raise awareness about the many benefits of physical therapy. It’s also a great opportunity to appreciate what PTs, PTAs, and students do to transform lives.
NPTM is the perfect time for service events such as PT Day of Service.
Legs4Africa is the Bristol based charity that gets people walking again in Africa.
In honor of PT Day of Service, we have developed a collaboration with Legs4Africa as they work to help amputees live independently, through the provision of prosthetic legs along with physical and emotional rehabilitation.If interested or have contacts of interest for donations, contact our DEI Chair
Opt in to Volunteer
Health, Equity, Accessibility, & Literacy
Mentor the Next Generation of PTs & PTAs
How to Volunteer
- Educating students on the physical therapy profession to improve diversity within the workforce. K-High School and Community Colleges.
- Mentoring New Grads, Students and Rehab Technicians from Diverse Backgrounds and Develop a Program to Train Mentors.
- Inspiring members from diverse backgrounds to become leaders within the profession.
- Engaging the community through service opportunities to create positive change in the communities we serve.
Contact the chapter to share information and ideas.
Health, Equity, Accessibility, and Literacy (HEAL) is how we engage the community through service opportunities to create positive change in the communities we serve.
Check out ways you can make an impact below:
- Online office hours, consultation
- Virtual education for assisted living/older adult communities
- Mental health awareness & Self-care for PTs/PTAs
- Food Pantry and Donation Stations
- Marine Corp Marathon Volunteers