We provide updates on volunteer opportunities and discuss new partnerships during our monthly DEI committee meetings, the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:30 pm.
Members can get the link to join the conversation at My APTAMD>>Workspace>>Diversity, Equity, ad Inclusion Committee.
We are piloting programs with Baltimore City and Baltimore County with the intent to expand to other Maryland communities. If you would like to submit a possible collaboration or event, please contact the chapter.
Volunteers: You do not have to live or work in the area to volunteer and membership is not required. However, you you do need to be a member to attend committee meetings. Sign up to volunteer and get involved.
- Clinics can connect with the local opioid intervention team to learn about resources for your patients and their families.
- A community specialists will meet with you and any of your staff to discuss resources, strategies, and answer any questions.
- This is an opportunity to learn how to talk with patients about safe alternatives to pain, how to safely dispose of opioids, addiction support and resources, training for you and your staff.
- Opportunities for PTs / PTAs interested in volunteering local events to provide health screening and patient education on the role of physical therapy.
- Overdose Response Program at SPARC – a harm reduction drop-in center for women, and all other non-male identities, offering a syringe service program, naloxone distribution, case management, reproductive health, mental health services, and other basic needs. They are looking for PTs to come out and provide screenings and to discuss new strategies for pain management. (Located in Pigtown / S. Baltimore)