Why Specialist Certification
As a board-certified specialist, you’ll be among more than 30,000 PTs who have achieved certification since the first credentials were awarded in 1985 — and you’ll empower your professional growth.
- Dive deep into what moves you. Earning specialist certification is all about pursuing the facets of physical therapy that you love most.
- Elevate your practice. Specialist certification helps patients and referral sources know that you offer a deep understanding of specific areas of care, and that you’re committed to professional growth.
- Get recognized for your commitment. Specialist certification is the profession’s acknowledgment that you’ve achieved knowledge and skills that set you apart.
- Help lead the profession. Engagement is the heart of leadership: ABPTS specialists are often at the forefront of developments in research and practice, and part of a community that believes in continuous improvement of patient care.
- Not convinced yet? Hear from your peers how specialization has changed their practice and made a difference in the professional and personal lives.
Cardiovascular & Pulmonary, Clinical Electrophysiology, Oncology, Women’s Health, and Wound Management
Geriatrics, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Pediatrics, and Sports