Moving Beyond the Classroom and Preparing for Success in the Real World
Developed by APTAs of DC and Maryland student members.
DCPTA and APTA of Maryland are investing in the future of physical therapy by investing in YOU! Join us for the Regional Student Conclave and network with PT and PTA students, attend cutting-edge lectures, meet recruiters (you might even get a job out of this!) and see how you can get involved with APTA and make a difference. Your time is now!
Location: University of Maryland Dept of PTRS (100 Penn Street). Parking is at the Pratt St Garage (646 Pratt St.)
We will have five 1-hour breakout options. There are 2 tracks so you can pick 2 of the options below:
- The PT/PTA Relationship: Review the importance of establishing the PT/ PTA relationship, and how these relationships can impact not only the team of clinicians, but also the patients as well.
- TherEx Round Robin: Using your clinical judgment to inform treatment plan; Working as a team with fellow PT and PTA students
- Entrepreneurship: How to start your own practice
- Interviewing and Salary Negotiations: HR Reps from various facilities (outpt., hospital, etc) will review the key questions noted and then open it up for additional questions form the group
- Patient Management Workshop: Case Scenarios to discuss how to work with difficult clients, diverse populations, psychosocial issues
Each speed dater will have their business card with them so in addition to learning about the various areas of the profession you can also come away with a mentor.
Connecting with Future Employers - Speed Daters will be representatives from DC and MD companies. From outpatient, hospital based to private practice. Meet with potential employers and bring your resume with you.
Networking and Connecting at our PT Pub Night Following the EventPT Pub Night is where the future meets the past. It’s where PT and PTA students and seasoned professionals stand side by side, forming a bond at the intersection between the experience that brought us to today, and the passion and ideas that will lead us into tomorrow. Such bonds are paramount to the growth of any profession. >>>Learn More
8:00 am Registration Opens
8:30 am Welcome and Town Hall
8:50 am The Physical Therapy Licensure Compact
9:00 am Student Debt and Financial Information
9:30 am Break
9:45 am Track 1
10:45 am Break
11:00 am Track 2
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Speed Dating
3:30 pm Adjourn and Head Over to Pickles Pub for our PT Pub Night
If you can't make the event or wish to check in early, you can do so at http://ptpubnight.com/checkin. A donation of $1 for each online check-in to Foundation for Physical Therapy.