National Physical Therapy Month
October 5, 2017
National Physical Therapy Month 2017
Despite extensive efforts to raise awareness of and address the human toll of the opioid epidemic, Americans continue to be prescribed and to abuse opioids at alarming rates. This October, APTA will carry on raising awareness of physical therapy as a safe and effective alternative to opioids for the long-term treatment of chronic pain via its award-winning #ChoosePT campaign.
You can learn about #ChoosePT and find ways to support APTA's efforts locally by visiting the online Campaign Toolkit.
Here's a great way to get started.
- Share the "Mask" public service announcement on your website or social media sites.
- Follow @MoveForwardPT on Twitter and Facebook, and “like” and share our #ChoosePT posts and graphics.
- Download and distribute the Patient Pain Profile at your facility or events.
- Host a session for other health care providers about a physical therapist’s role in pain management. Download and distribute APTA’s position paper on opioid abuse and the role of the physical therapist.
- Present to the public about a physical therapist’s role in pain management. Download and distribute APTA’s Physical Therapy vs Opioids handout.