Apply to be a Centennial Scholar Today
September 1, 2020
The APTA Centennial Scholars Program is designed to build a cadre of future association leaders at both the chapter/section/academy and national levels. Demonstrating APTA’s investment in the sustainability of the association as it begins its next 100 years, the program will support our collective quest for a diverse and prepared leadership pool.
The 12-month program will run throughout 2021 with a goal of engaging 100 scholars, including the goal of at least one scholar sponsored by each of APTA’s chapters, sections, and academies. The curriculum will cover association leadership and management topics and be delivered through three face-to-face meetings and regularly scheduled virtual learning experiences.
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 1st at 11:59 p.m.
Expected Selection Notification Date: October 5
1. Be a current PT, PTA, or student member of the APTA at the time of application and throughout the 2021 Centennial year.
2. Attend three mandatory events and regularly scheduled virtual meetings. Any noted in person events may be come virtual based on the COVID19 pandemic.
a. January 16, 2021 - Virtual Event
b. April 2021 [exact date TBD and may be virtual] but if in person it will be held in Alexandria, VA
c. September 12, 2021 in Washington, D.C.
3. Commit to developing and completing a capstone project in collaboration with the Chapter's DEI Committee which may extend beyond 2021.
4. Submit a completed application by the application deadline.
Required Application Materials
1. Completed application
2. Resume or CV detailing educational, professional, and volunteer service experience.
3. A letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your potential for future professional leadership and your ability successfully complete a capstone project.
4. For students: You will need to also provide one letter of recommendation from your physical therapy program academic and/or clinical faculty.