The Continuing Education Committee is responsible for planning, managing and evaluating the Chapter’s continuing education programs at our Spring and Fall Conferences. The committee reviews proposals for sessions and posters at both events. Interested? Contact us
- Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of each month via Zoom (7:00-8:00 pm)
APAT Maryland Members Receive 35% discount
on courses through our Shared Online Education Portal
(seperate from our Webinar Catalog that is FREE for members)
APTAMD Meetings and Events
August 2 - APTAMD Delegation Townhall 2 at 7:00 pm
August 4 - HEAL Meeting with Baltimore County on a Opioid Reduction and Intervention Collaboration
August 11 - APTAMD Delegation Townhall 3 at 7:00 pm
November 12 - APTAMD Member Meeting and PAC Fundraiser
November 13 - APTAMD Annual Conference
APTA Sponsored Events
|We are celebrating the Centennial of our Association January 1-December 31, 2021
APTA Centennial Gala Weekend – Washington, DC Sept. 10-14, 2021
Multiple events will be held in our nation’s capital in September.
- Centennial Gala, Sept. 10, 2021 (Friday)
This ticketed celebration will be held at the historic Washington National Cathedral.
- Open House at APTA Centennial Center, Sept. 10, 2021 (Friday)
Visit our new national headquarters.
- House of Delegates, Sept. 11-12, 2021 (Saturday and Sunday)
APTA’s annual meeting of the House of Delegates, which has been held in June in recent years, will conduct its business in September of our centennial with a shorter 2-day schedule.
- Mary McMillan Lecture and Honors & Awards Ceremony, Sept. 12 (Sunday) Watch Colleen Kigin, PT, DPT, MS, MPA, FAPTA, deliver the 52nd McMillan lecture and celebrate the accomplishments of our members.
- Future of Physical Therapy Summit, Sept. 13, 2021 (Monday)
Details to be announced. This event will be livestreamed.
- APTA Centennial Lecture Series
As the trusted leader of the physical therapy profession, we are proud to provide the APTA Centennial Lecture Series. This continuing education series features recognized leaders on topics in clinical practice, practice management, payment, and innovation.
Courses will be held virtually and at our new headquarters, APTA Centennial Center, in Alexandria, Virginia.
- APTA Learning Center Offers FREE Online Courses
Including live and recorded webinars, as well as self-paced courses on a range of topics - all FREE to APTA members.
Continuing Education Guidelines
The Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
handles all continuing education approval and licensure of PTs and PTAs. CEU regulations are defined through our statutes and regulations - Code of Maryland Regulations| Continuing Education Requirements
. The Board of Examiners Web Site has an online application.
Advertising Your Course
If you are interested in marketing your course to Maryland PTs and PTAs, check out the various opportunities through APTA Maryland.
Licensing Board Meetings
- 3rd Tuesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. Meetings usually run until 2-2:30 p.m. Board meetings are held at 4201 Patterson Ave., Baltimore, MD.