Education & Events
4 Seats Left for Come From Away
|On Sunday, July 14th APTAMD is heading to Broadway!
Pick your show: Beautiful | Come From Away
Join us for a Special Continuing Education
course on the way to NYC!
Emotional Resiliency and Mindfulness
Speaker: April Vesely, PT
Earn CEUs | Enjoy a Broadway Show | and Play in NYC
How it Works
- ****Meet Bus in Baltimore at 7:00 am (Park and Ride IS 70 at Security Blvd. Exit: 94)
- Snacks and Drinks on the way and CEU course
- Lunch on your own in NYC and play
- See your matinee at 3:00 pm
- Get back on the bus and head home with dinner on the bus provided by the Chapter
- The Bus has Free WIFI and monitors for the CE presenation
- Mindfulness, how to utilize it in your practice, personal life, etc
- Intro to the VA’s Whole Health initiative and how this puts the burden of care back on the patient (and not on the provider)
- Mindfulness and how it helps prevent provider burnout
- Multiple experiential mindfulness practices
- Breathing practices
- A literature review of burnout and emotional resilience
Price: $175 for Members | $200 for Non Members
Limited seats so get your tickets today!
***Based on everyone's location we can add a pick up stop as long as it is on the route to NYC.
- APTA of Maryland & DCPTA Student Conclave October 26, 2019 - Baltimore, MD
- APTA of Maryland & DCPTA Annual Conference November 9, 2019 - Arnold, MD
- Vestibular Rehabilitation: An Advanced Course and Update May 3-5 2019 - Pittsburgh, PA
- Insider Intel: Live Webinar Series on Payment and Regulatory Issues May 22, 2019 (2:00 pm-2:45 pm) - FREE to members
- NEXT Conference & Exposition June 12-15, 2019 – Chicago, IL
- APTA House of Delegates June 9-11, 2019 – Chicago, IL
- Fresh Cadaver Dissection Workshop: Knee, Ankle & Subtalar Joints - Saturday June 22, 2019 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Registration (Online) or call 410-651-6301
Location: Department of Physical Therapy, Hazel Hall, 2nd Floor, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Princess Anne, MD
Course Type: Live; Lecture & Dissection
Price: $300 (includes all dissection instruments, supplies & lunch); $75 discount for current UMES clinical instructors
Presenter: Cindy Gill, PT, DScPT, MEd, Associate Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Description: This lecture and lab intensive workshop is designed to provide the participant with the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with dissection of fresh (un-embalmed) partial cadaver specimens. The workshop will consist of both lecture and dissection with the focus on neuromusculoskeletal and vascular structures of the thigh, leg, knee, ankle, & subtalar joints.
Course highlights: ~60% of the course will be hands-on dissection; dissection preceded by lecture & guided by dissection instructions; experienced instructors & assistants to support participant’s dissection; and positive & personal atmosphere that is well suited for mastery of information.
Please remember that the courses offered from our online partners are not automatically approved for CEUs. Please check the list of approved and non-approved courses on the Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
Continuing education courses sponsored by the American Physical Therapy Association and state APTA chapters are automatically approved by the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners which handles all continuing education approval and licensure of PTs and PTAs. CEU regulations are defined through our statutes and regulations - Code of Maryland Regulations | Continuing Education Requirements.