Education & Events
- Combined Sections Meeting February 21-24, 2018 - New Orleans, LA
|Topic and Speaker Submissions!|
Join your colleagues as they lead you in a one hour monthly discussion to motivate, inspire and inform you.
Who should attend? Everyone! This is free for members and $15 for non members. $5 for non-member students.
OPEN to Everyone!
6:00-7:00 pm Class
7:00-7:30 pm Networking
Free for Members | $15 for Non Members
Become a Host - email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your topic and if you have a venue in mind and we will do the rest.
Date: March 7, 2018
Location: The Maryland Healthcare Education Institute. 6820 Deerpath Rd. Elkridge, MD. 21075
Resiliency, our ability to cope, is a critical skill for healthcare staff, clinical and non-clinical alike, to develop and use. According to Dr. Bryan Sexton, Duke University researcher the simple fact that we work in healthcare makes us more likely to feel “burned-out” in our roles. MHEI has incorporated research from the work of Dr. Sexton, as well as from Dr. Martin Seligman (positive psychology) into this valuable program. Using these efficient and effective resiliency tools, we are able to customize this program to meet your organization’s specific challenges and strengthen your team’s ability to cope on an individual as well as team level basis. As a result, you should see an increase in morale, teamwork, and engagement within your department and organization.
1. Define resilience
2. Identify key resiliency-building tools
3. Practice resiliency tools on an individual and team level
4. Identify opportunities to incorporate resiliency tools in your department and organization
Date: April 18th
Location: Salsbury, MD
Join your district for APTAMD Physical Therapy Night Out!
Want to host a night out in your community? Contact the Chapter and let us know the date and location and we will put it together.
The mission of PT Night Out is to bring the physical therapy community together to build relationships that transform society.
Our Vision PT Night Out will serve as a repeating opportunity to connect and mobilize physical therapists, assistants and students across Maryland and will develop to become the official social gathering of the Chapter.
- Bring people together in their local communities to build lasting relationships rooted in the APTA
- Discuss issues, interests and pressures within the physical therapy profession that attendees are facing
- Take action on these issues by mobilizing attendees within and across sites to create real-world change in the areas of shared interest
- Develop leaders and leadership skills through right-sized involvement that increases connection and engagement in APTAMD over time
Members – yes
Non-members and other PTs, PTAs – yes!
Students of PT and PTA - absolutely!
Experience the power of candid conversation at APTAMD PT Night
Each member of the Chapter is a part of a district within the state of Maryland: Central, Eastern, Southern, and Western. Each district holds a minimum of 2 meetings per year including: educational events, networking sessions, social events, special activities for PT month, etc