Education & Events
FREE for Members and Available for Purchase for Potential Members
- Upcoming Webinars
1. In-depth Telehealth Guide for Physical Therapists during COVID-19. May 20th 12:00 1:00 pm via Zoom
2. Workers’ Comp 101: Translating the system. May 27th 12:00 1:00 pm via Zoom
3. Auto Accident 101: From Impact to Verdict. June 3th 12:00 1:00 pm via Zoom
4. Parkinson's Update: TBA
5. Mobility Technology in the Acute Care Setting: TBA
6. Blood Flow Restriction Training: TBA
- Available on Demand
1. Care for Rare: Opportunity for Evolution of Clinical Practice and Clinical Research (0.3 CEUs)
2. Federal Legislative, Regulatory, & Commercial Payer Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities for the Physical Therapy Profession (0.3 CEUs)
3. Telehealth in our Changing World - Available on Demand (0.2 CEUs)
4. Using Social Media to Optimize Physical Therapy Practice (0.3 CEUs)
- APTA 100 Years - Celebrating our Centennial January 1-December 31, 2021
We will be coordinating multiple events in 2021. Save the date for the Combined Sections Meeting in Orlando, Florida, February 24-27, 2021, which will include our largest centennial celebration.
Centennial Gala Weekend – Washington, DC
September 9-14, 2021
Multiple events will be held in our nation’s capital in September:
Centennial Gala, September 10, 2021 (Friday) Washington National Cathedral.
House of Delegates, September 11-12, 2021 (Saturday and Sunday)
Future of Physical Therapy Summit, September 13, 2021 (Monday)
Notes: The above September events are between the 2021 Jewish holidays of Rosh Hashanah (sundown of September 6 through nightfall of September 8) and Yom Kippur (sundown of September 15 through nightfall of September 16). Also, the 20th anniversary of 9/11 will occur in 2021. We plan to recognize that day and will explore options for members to participate in nearby remembrance events.
- APTA Learning Center Offers FREE Online Courses
Including live and recorded webinars, as well as self-paced courses on a range of topics - all FREE to APTA members.
2020 Webinar SeriesLunch and Learn Series with Pinder Plotkin Legal Team
- May 20, 2020: In-depth Telehealth Guide for Physical Therapists during COVID-19! The presentation will walk through current updates for coding and billing telehealth services during COVD-19 pandemic. It will discuss current regulations, documentation requirements, best practices, and in-depth protocol by each major insurance payer in Maryland. It will also include recommendations for ways to incorporate telehealth and maximize cash flow. Co-Presenting with Kate Gilman at Medical Business Partners, LLC. Register
- May 27, 2020: Workers’ Comp 101: Translating the system. The presentation will provide an overview of the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission and claim process and explain (translate) some of the acronyms and verbiage in plain English. Register
- June 3, 2020: Auto Accident 101: From Impact to Verdict. The presentation will walk through the life of an auto accident case from a legal perspective using a case example. We will include topics such as PIP, lost wages (need for proper documentation) and expert testimony. Register
Educational Credit: The webinars have been approved by the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for one (0.1) CEU.
Jason A. Plotkin, Esq., the CEO of The Pinder Plotkin Legal Team a law firm that focuses on personal injury law: auto accidents, motorcycle accidents and workers' compensation. Plotkin has been involved several motor vehicle collisions and his personal experience impacts his approach to the cases his firm accepts. In 2018, Plotkin was honored to be certified as a life member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. He has also been named to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 list, and is a recipient of The Daily Record VIP award. Plotkin is also the founder of MotorcycleTalks(r) providing educational blogs and information to help protect the rights of motorcycle riders.
Kate Gilman, CPC is the Operations Executive at Medical Business Partners. Kate Gilman is an AAPC certified professional coder, who has over 15 years of revenue cycle management and medical coding experience in the healthcare industry. Gilman is an expert at uncovering and correcting billing and coding inefficiencies and errors, while streamlining operations to achieve maximum results. Gilman's successes include small and large practices of many different specialties, including Physical Therapy.
The Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners handles all continuing education approval and licensure of PTs and PTAs. CEU regulations are defined through our statutes and regulations - Code of Maryland Regulations| Continuing Education Requirements. The Board of Examiners Web Site has an online application.
License Renewal Delayed
The Board has extended the CEU requirement deadline for 2020 license renewals to the 30th day after the date by which the state of emergency is terminated and the catastrophic health emergency is rescinded.>>>Learn More
Advertising Your Course
If you are interested in marketing your course to Maryland PTs and PTAs, check out the various opportunities through APTA Maryland.
Licensing Board Meetings
- 3rd Tuesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. Meetings usually run until 2-2:30 p.m. Board meetings are held at 4201 Patterson Ave., Baltimore, MD.