Education & Events
APTAMD Annual Conference November 11-12
Registration OPENS June 1st
- June 19-21 - APTA House of Delegates, Boston, MA
- June 21-24 - NEXT Conference & Exposition, Boston, MA
- July 28-30 - Section on Reaserch Masters Cinician Series, Newark, DE
- Sep 16-17 - State Policy & Payment Forum, Detroit, MI
- Oct 19-21 - National Student Conclave, Portland, OR
- Nov 1-4 - Private Practice Section Conference, Chicago, IL
- Nov 9-11 - Pediatrics Section Conference, Cincinnati, OH
Course: Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1; Organ Specific Fascial Mobilization (VM1)
Description: An integrative approach to evaluation/treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction requires assessment of structural relationships between viscera, and their fascial/ligamentous attachments to the musculoskeletal system. This is taught in Visceral Manipulation 1. All viscera have physiological motion that relates to normal pain-free movement; so knowledge of these relationships and anatomy involved are essential to see patients within an integrated framework. An integrated approach also requires attention to mechanical relationships between the cranium/spine hard frame to the dura/neural elements.For more information:www.barralinstitute.com
Join your colleagues as they lead you in a one hour monthly discussion to motivate, inspire and inform you.
Who should attend? Everyone! This is free for members and $10 for non members. $5 for non member students.
Become a Host - email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your topic and if you have a venue in mind and we will do the rest.
Submit topics for an upcoming Lead and Learn Night by emailing us at email@example.com.
OPEN to Everyone!
6:00-7:00 pm Class
7:00-7:30 pm Networking
Free for Members | $15 for Non Members
- May 18th: Digital Marketing and Content Creation for Physical Therapists. 5136 Dorsey Hall Dr, Ellicott City, MD 21042
- June 15th - Ortho Update: Surgeon and PT Communication and outcomes; Differences in assessment and treatment; and, How to have effective coordinated care to achieve outcomes. Frederick
- July 20th - Communicating with patients to improve treatment outcomes/effectiveness. Eastern Shore
- August 17th - Physical Therapy and Ataxia. Baltimore
- September 21st - Falls Prevention. Arnold
- October 26th - Pain Management and the #ChoosePT Campaign. Catonsville
Join your district for APTAMD Physical Therapy Night Out!
Tuesdays in October from 6:30-8:30 pm.
- October 11 - Eastern District at Brew River in Salsbury RSVP
- October 18 - Western District at La Paz in Frederick RSVP
- October 18 - Central District at Not Your Average Joe's in Bethesda RSVP
- October 25 - Southern District at Mother's Peninsula Grille in Arnold RSVP
The mission of PT Night Out is to bring the physical therapy community together to build relationships that transform society.
Our Vision PT Night Out will serve as a repeating opportunity to connect and mobilize physical therapists, assistants and students across Maryland and will develop to become the official social gathering of the Chapter.
- Bring people together in their local communities to build lasting relationships rooted in the APTA
- Discuss issues, interests and pressures within the physical therapy profession that attendees are facing
- Take action on these issues by mobilizing attendees within and across sites to create real-world change in the areas of shared interest
- Develop leaders and leadership skills through right-sized involvement that increases connection and engagement in APTAMD over time
Members – yes
Non-members and other PTs, PTAs – yes!
Students of PT and PTA - absolutely!
Experience the power of candid conversation at APTAMD PT Night
Each member of the Chapter is a part of a district within the state of Maryland: Central, Eastern, Southern, and Western. Each district holds a minimum of 2 meetings per year including: educational events, networking sessions, social events, special activities for PT month, etc.