The 2023 event will occur September 20-21. This year, Flash Action Strategy will focus on H.R. 2480, the Optimizing Postpartum Outcomes Act (H.R. 2480). Many postpartum individuals – and their providers – are unaware of how pelvic health physical therapy can address many of the complications arising from birth and pregnancy. H.R. 2480 would raise awareness of the availability and importance of pelvic health physical therapy for postpartum women.
Led by PT and PTA students, APTA’s Flash Action Strategy rallies our community around important issues affecting our profession and the people we serve. Since the beginning of Flash Action Strategy 10 years ago, students have sent over 88,000 letters to Congress. The goal of Flash Action Strategy 2023 is to send 5,000 letters to Congress over the two-day event.
Tag your representative in your social media posts; get official twitter handles from the US House of Representatives Press Gallery.
Thank you – You make a difference!
- Learn more about the issue by viewing this 2-minute video and reading the position paper.
- Promote the event with your program by using this template PowerPoint presentation.
- Below are graphics you can share to promote Flash Action Strategy with your program. Graphics that will be used for the event with legislators will be posted the week before Flash Action Strategy.
- Interested in sharing information about pelvic health physical therapy? View and share this 6-minute video about what pelvic health PT is and why it’s important.
- View this video from Frankee Cooper, SPT, Vice President of the APTA Student Board and Matt Glasshoff, SPT, Student Chief Delegate on the importance of participating in APTA Flash Action Strategy.